DataPop, Inc. is seeking a Research Scientist/Engineer to help us build our Semantic Advertising platform.
You will be key participant of the R&D team responsible for the sciences and technologies behind our intelligent advertising campaign generation platform. As a Research Scientist/Engineer you will work with an elite team of scientist and engineers that use Big Data sets to build Inference Engines, semantic models and Meta Data performance models. You will be hands on, conduct the research, build prototypes and provide the concept and theory behind our core semantic and data models used in our state of the art systems. You will be a key contributor to our product direction and ultimate success.
• 4+ year Research & Development experience in Machine Learning, Classification, Named Entity Recognition, Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web.
• 2+ years experience with Java and Java Spring
PREFERRED TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Below are skills and technologies would be a plus.
• Solid practical knowledge of algorithms and data-structures
• Search Technologies, Computational Advertising
• Data Modeling, Probabilistic Graphical Models.
• UIMA, SVM, Mallet
• NoSQL , MySQL, Neo4J
• SOLR, Lucene
• Scala, Python, Groovy or Perl
• PhD or PhD candidate in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of Search Marketing or Online Advertising Technologies
We want to hear from you if you:
• Have a track record of solving complex problems
• Can take responsibility for meeting technical objectives
• Have good communication skills
• Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Are a team player and have a positive can do attitude
• Are an independent thinker as well as able to build consensus
• Are able to pick up and ramp up on concepts and technology quickly
DataPop was founded by a team of search industry veterans from Overture Services to make marketers’ lives easier and give them the technology they need to build ads that people love to click on.
With offices in Los Angeles and Hong Kong, DataPop is a small, vibrant startup environment. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurial developers who are eager for the career-shaping experience of working with a group of talented professionals to execute on a big idea.
At DataPop, we are completely focused on two things: making every ad relevant and helping each person that we work with take a big step forward in their careers.
Last year we launched v1 of our solution and already have long-term relationships with Fortune 500 clients. We are building up our team and technology foundations to meet fast growing customer demand.
Our team is building complex semantic inference and text generation systems that scale with precision. We are developing our core competencies in machine learning, natural language processing and big data analytics.
We work in an open and collaborative environment at our brand new office in Culver City, CA. We have traditional startup perks like free beer & ping pong, sometimes we throw parties or go to the track together, and we have been known to sponsor various internal sporting competitions (the most famous was a head to head foot race in the parking lot.)
We care about trying to make a positive impact on our community through company-sponsored projects & PTO for employees to volunteer for the things they are passionate about.